LCP-3 Optics Experiment Kit – Enhanced Model
It can be used to construct a total of 26 different experiments which can be grouped in six categories:
- Lens Measurements: Understanding and verifying lens equation and optical rays transform.
- Optical Instruments: Understanding the working principle and operation method of common lab optical instruments.
- Interference Phenomena: Understanding interference theory, observing various interference patterns generated by different sources, and grasping one precise measurement method based on optical interference.
- Diffraction Phenomena: Understanding diffraction effects, observing various diffraction patterns generated by different apertures.
- Analysis of Polarization: Understanding polarization and verifying polarisation of light.
- Fourier Optics and Holography: Understanding principles of advanced optics and their applications.
1. Measure lens focal length using auto-collimation
2. Measure lens focal length using displacement method
3. Measure the focal length of an eyepiece
4. Assemble a microscope
5. Assemble a telescope
6. Assemble a slide projector
7. Determine nodal points & focal length of a lens-group
8. Assemble an erect imaging telescope
9. Young’s double-slit interference
10. Interference of Fresnel’s biprism
11. Interference of double mirrors
12. Interference of a Lloyd’s mirror
13. Interference-Newton’s rings
14. Fraunhofer diffraction of a single slit
15. Fraunhofer diffraction of a circular aperture
16. Fresnel diffraction of a single slit
17. Fresnel diffraction of a circular aperture
18. Fresnel diffraction of a sharp edge
19. Analyze polarization status of light beams
20. Diffraction of a grating and dispersion of a prism
21. Assemble a Littrow-type grating spectrometer
22. Record and reconstruct holograms
23. Fabricate a holographic grating
24. Abbe imaging and optical spatial filtering
25. Pseudo-color encoding, theta modulation & color composition
26. Assemble a Michelson interferometer and measure the refractive index of air